Areas of Interest
Dr. Katherine Duncan is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and by the American Board of Obesity Medicine. She completed a coveted one-year fellowship in Clinical Obesity and Metabolism at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston and is one of only a handful of physicians in the United States with fellowship training in obesity medicine.
She is an active member of the Obesity Medicine Association and sits on the Communications Committee for the organization. She is also involved in a national project, the Obesity Medicine Education Collaborative, created to develop and improve medical education in obesity. Dr. Duncan approaches obesity as a chronic disease that is most effectively treated through comprehensive care, and she is committed to continuing her education to stay at the forefront of treatments for this challenging disease.
She enjoys cooking, running, hiking, Reformer Pilates, watching University of Arizona college sports, and spending time with her husband and two daughters.
- Intensive medical, nutritional, activity and behavioral evaluation
- Body composition analysis
- FDA approved anti-obesity pharmacotherapy
- Individualized nutrition counseling
- Physical activity optimization
- Healthy lifestyle modifications with a focus on stress and sleep management
- Ongoing close follow up for successful long-term weight loss and weight maintenance