Ruthie R. Mangino, DNP, RN, ACNS-BC, NP-C
Bariatric and General Surgery
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ
- Post Master’s Certificate as Adult Nurse Practitioner from ASU in Phoenix, AZ
- Master of Science in Nursing, University of Missouri-Kansas City in Kansas City, MO
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, North Dakota State University in Fargo, ND
Areas of Interest
Ruthie R. Mangino, DNP, is an advanced practice nurse with dual certification as a nurse practitioner and a clinical nurse specialist. She joined Abrazo Medical Group in March 2016. She is a member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
Dr Mangino specializes in medically supervised weight loss by effectively motivating and coaching patients for therapeutic lifestyle changes. She assists patients in understanding their own body with their specific health problems and concerns. She empowers patients with excess weight by assisting them in identifying their wellness goals and changing specific actions and behaviors to achieve a healthier weight. She helps patients develop an individualized plan of care based on their specific needs. Additionally, Dr Mangino encourages patients to strive for a healthier lifestyle through adequate nutrition, regular exercise, and life balance.
- Medically supervised weight loss prior to bariatric surgery
- Behavior modification for weight loss
- Coaching for optimum health through diet and exercise